Friday, October 15, 2010

Revising

Revising is important. The article "Revision" by Anne Doyle explains the different reasons for revision and how to revise. I don't always like to revise because once I get my paper finally done, I'm tempted to press print and take the paper and put it away in my backpack and not think about it again until after it gets graded. However, I never really do that because I've found that whenever I do, I end up making stupid mistakes that would've taken me two seconds to fix, such as a simple spelling error or a grammar error. Growing up my teachers stressed that it was important to revise. Most of them would make us hand in several drafts as homework assignments and, also, when we passed the final paper in pass in the drafts with the final, counting them towards your final paper grade. That got me into the habit of revising. Now, I always change my papers. Sometimes I end up rewriting the whole thing because I decide I'm not getting my point across well enough and I don't know how else to fix it so I just re-do the whole thing. The article just re-emphasized all the things that I was taught throughout my elementary/highschool years of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment