Thursday, February 3, 2011

Marylou's News

          I chose Marylou's News (the coffee shop located throughout MA) as my research site. All throughout middle school I would walk there with my friends and sit and observe the people driving by. From doing that, I already know a lot about my site. I know that the black and white tiled floors are starting to crack and the white isn't so white anymore; I know that the countertops are pink and so are the walls; I know that they sell a variety of coffee flavors, as well as frozen drinks with names like twix, funky fanabla, oreo cookie monster, mocha frosty lou, minty lou, etc; I know that they sell muffins, danishes, carrot cake, banana bread, coffee rolls, bagels, etc; I know that they sell cooler drinks such as gatorade, vitamin water, milk, water, etc; I know that kids from ages 12-16 sit in the windows and drink their beverage with their friends; and I know that there are usually girls from ages 18-30 that work their.
          There is not much I need to find out about my site, as I visit it quite frequently because it is located in my town. I stop on the way to and from school and there are only a few changes from when I used to hang out there. For instance, there are now 2 benches that they put outside when it isn't snowing out. Also, there is a bathroom key now and there never was one before. There are different posters advertising new drinks, and there are 2 new tables that they put in the store. Other than those few details not much has changed. It still smells and looks basically the same. If I go after 3pm I usually will see a group of middle school age girls hanging out, just like my friends and I used to. It brings back memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment