Thursday, February 10, 2011

Slide, Roll, Slam

While reading the essay, Slide, Roll, Slam, by Nicole Williams I noticed that she had very detailed descriptions about everything. She mentioned everything from the names of people who worked there to what they were dressed in. Using descriptive language, she makes us feel as if we are there with her in this bowling alley. She watches the many men play their games, and then focuses in on a particular game. She informs us what is going on and tells us the ages of the men. Also, she tells us the name of a bowling team. I thought it was well written because when I read it, I felt as if I was actually at the bowling alley. The emotion she uses, also, helps put the reader at the scene. Those are always the books I like to read...very detailed and emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment